This last weekend (Conference weekend) we headed to our weekend away for the St. George Marathon! I look forward to going every year. It is so nice to get away in the fall and have more nice weather and get to Jeff run the marathon - or at least come through the finish line! My parents, my Aunt Annette, Uncle Dean, Steve, Jill and their kids (Shaley, Seth and Sid) also went down with us. We had a really fun time together. The first night all the girls and Dean went to the Tuacahn to see Aida. It was fantastic! Although, I must say it was the coldest night of the weekend and we about froze to death out there! I don't know how the actors did it standing in water and having the cold wind blowing on them. I got colder just watching them. Friday we just had a lazy day playing games and hanging around the pool. Our friends Josh and Amy and their kids came and hung out with us and then we all went to Pizza Factory for dinner - Jeff's traditional dinner spot before the marathon! Jeff talked his friend Josh into running the marathon with him. Josh originally did not get in the race. One of the Provo guys who did get in was not able to come down and run, so Jeff talked Josh into running in his spot! I could not believe Josh gave in, but he ran the full race and did very well! Jeff was amazing this year, for not being able to run and train as much as he would have liked. He finished in 3:54. I was rather impressed. He is absolutely an amazing athlete. Way to go Jeff - we are all so proud of you and all your accomplishments!!
Jeff is running in to the finish - he is the one with the big blue "V" on his back! This was some magical tape that is supposed to help with any pains. I only got the back side of him because I looked away just as he came by us!
After his race and still smiling! Amazing!
Part of our family with Jeff after the race~
These are a couple of my friends who were down there and their husbands ran the race also. They are all department friends! Nicole, Amy and Julie.
The three amazing athletes - Josh, Nate and Jeff!



4 comments:
Way to go guys!!! Cute Jeffy! And cute YOU! Glad Brayd and Lex were there with you!
How can he look so happy after doing that?! Good job, Jeff! Glad you had a great weekend.
Don't you just love family traditions? This looks like a great one, and at the perfect time of year.
Way to go guys! I'm glad you had a nice get away. You look great! I've always wanted to go to Tuachan. one day...
Post a Comment