Thursday, September 17, 2009

My crazy paraglider

Yesterday afternoon, Jeff and I had to go up to Salt Lake so we stopped off at the point so Jeff could fly!  When we first got up there the winds were not that great, but he was able to take off and then slowly drift down the side and I picked him up and we headed off to our appointment. After the appointment, we stopped again at the point while the winds were better.  He got some great flight time in.  I got some great pictures and some shaky video of him!  I must say, I HATE to video.  I shake constantly because I am trying so hard to be still.  Anyway, the video kind of sucks, but it shows off Jeff and his flying!  He is pretty talented and loves to paraglide as often as possible.  Just as we were getting ready to leave some guy's parachute collapsed and he crashed in to the mountain.  The winds grabbed his kite and drug him down the hill.  He was totally flipping head over foot.  It was pretty scary to watch this.  Jeff and a few other guys ran up the mountain to help him out.  Luckily, Jeff and another medic and an ER Doc were up there helping the guy out.  They had to Life Flight him to the hospital.  He had both tibula and fibula broke on both legs with open wounds and probably some spinal injuries too.  




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't like to video also, mainly because everything I say is heard loud and clear. Your video was great !! Only when you said "oh-oh" did my heart skip a beat. Good job, fun to watch.

Tagan said...

Dang girl... isn't this the "point" in Utah that they call the widow maker? You are one rockin' wife to let him indulge his adrenaline fix! Seriously, does he have some good life insurance? Disability?

It does look like fun though. Maybe someday?!

Kim said...

I could never do that! Glad he enjoys it though.

Anonymous said...

I read about that guy this morning and stressed out that it might have been your hubby. I'm glad it wasnt. Tell him to fly with Jason and then you wont have to watch it! I miss you too much-cant wait to see you tomorrow!

Piper said...

UM! I saw that on the news, and thought about Jeff. Glad he was there to HELP, not be helped.