Friday, September 11, 2009

Labor Day in Payson

For Labor Day we went to my parent's house in Payson. Payson has their celebration that weekend known as Onion Days! Why Onion Days, I have no idea! Anyway, this year I had two Uncles (and Aunts!) come from Colorado and Washington and one Great-Uncle and Aunt come from Oregon. It was a lot of fun to have everyone together again after so many years. On Friday night they start the celebration with the fireworks show. I missed this since I had my girl's night out, but the kids always go down to hang out with all the cousins! Saturday I went to Swiss Days and my kids both went up Payson Canyon to ride horses. My cousin Nate and his family was camping up there and invited all of us to come up and hang out! Brayden and Lexi (as everybody knows) LOVE to ride the horses. Saturday night, Jeff and I rode up and hung out for a while. Lexi is quite the horse rider! Sunday we got together at my parent's house for a big dinner. It was very nice, except for the fact that us "grandkids" got told we had to have pictures! Ridiculous. Monday Jeff had to work, so the kids and I went back down for the big parade! Uncle Malcom (my Great-Uncle) talked my brother Scott into driving him in the parade! Malcom told Scott that he flew down from Oregon just to be able to be in the parade! Scott finally gave in. What a character! Monday afternoon we went to the carnival and the best was going to watch Jill in pig wrestling! Yes, I said PIG WRESTLING!! Her team rocked! What a great weekend it was. Thanks to my mom and dad for all their hard work and patience hosting everybody the whole weekend - love you!


Here is Polly, Ashley and Lexi on some ride!



This is my Great Aunt Lorraine and Uncle Malcom Nichols.
They are the best!


Here is Jill (my sister-in-law - with her hands on the pig!) and her pig wrestling team members!



Here starts the ridiculousnous (is that a word?!) of the picture taking!!
Here are all the great-grandkids of my mom's parents that were together on Sunday. I chose the wrong picture here, but you get the idea! We are a few of the grandkids that were together on Sunday for dinner!
My Uncle Malcom kept saying how he wanted everyone to ride the Merry-go-round with him! I got out of it, but Ashley, Polly, Lexi, Steven, David, Uncle Brian, Natalie, Natasha, Neesha, and Noodle all joined him. How could I not take video?!

4 comments:

Kimball Family said...

I'm so sad that I missed out on the fun. I would have liked to see some more pictures of Jill...What is up with that?

Nicole said...

That was the FUNNIEST thing I have ever witnessed! You will have to come next year and join our team!! I asked Sam to take video, but I got a few pictures - at least I got something!

We missed you guys!!

elizabethhawker said...

Hey Nicole! It looks like we really missed out on some fun stuff! My kids had a blast with all the cousins. Miah told me that Lexi was so silly!I will have tell you and Jeff all about Havasupai. You should totally do it, if I can do it you can do it.

Piper said...

Wow! Sounds just like "Woodchopper's Jamboree" with my cousins in Wyoming! Fun!