Tuesday, May 19, 2009

FFA Officer and Scholarship!

Brayden had his FFA closing social on May 6, 2009.  He was released as Sentinel and put in as Student Committee Chairman!  He was pretty excited about this position.  They have to put in an application and go through an interview with two different advisers.  It is a pretty grueling process.  At the closing social the Utah State Alumni President awarded a scholarship to Brayden in the amount of $550 from National FFA and another $200 from the State FFA.  This scholarship is so he can fly back to Washington D.C. to attend the Washington Leadership Conference.   When they announced this, I about fell out of my stinking chair!!  I was so shocked and I could tell Brayden was too.   What an honor for him.  He is doing so well in the FFA and it really has changed his life.  We are so proud of him and his accomplishments in the FFA.  Way to go Brayden!!


Here are the new 2009-2010 Officers for the Springville FFA Chapter!


Brayden right before being released as Sentinel.

This is the State Alumni President (Lisa Cook) awarding Brayden the scholarship! Wahoo!


3 comments:

Kim said...

That is so cool! I am so proud of him. I think it is so great that he has found something he's excited about.

Andrew and Malory said...

How exciting!! Make sure to tell him congrats from Mariah ;)

Piper said...

Wow Brayden! How cool! I'll bet you're so excited for your trip!