Monday, September 8, 2008

~BYU Idaho

We took Ashley up to Rexburg to get her ready for College.  I can't believe all the work and headache it ended up being.  We walked in to her apartment and just about died.  It was such a shock to see how banged up and dirty college apartments really are!  We got her bedroom livable and looking pretty cute on Friday.  Saturday we bought her books and other necessities, walked around and found her classes and got the financial aid figured out.  We thought we had accomplished so much!  We decided since we were done with everything on campus to go out to lunch.  While at lunch, Ashley got a call from her friend who told her that she was in all the wrong classes for nursing!  We just about died.  We ran back to the school and met her friend (since everyone was gone at this point!) who told us what classes she needed to be in.  I could not believe it.  We called the school about a week before we left and asked to meet with a counselor on Friday so that we could avoid this very problem and we were told that we could not meet with a counselor until Monday!  Hello - classes start Monday!!   Anyway, we finally got things semi figured out for her.  Poor Ashley - she was so stressed and scared.  I felt horrible that things were not working out too well.  On Sunday when we left her it was so hard on all of us.  We could not stop crying.  I just wanted to pack her up and take her back home.  I know it is not a death, but it sure felt like it.  It was bittersweet.  We know that she is going to have a blast, but we sure will miss her.   

This is a picture after we got out of the book store!  Jeff said that he should have pulled out his pockets and had his tears showing in the picture!


Here is Ashley's apartment (bedroom) before we got to clean it up and get the bedroom all put together.  She wanted to turn around and go home at first.  Poor girl!


Here is the after picture (semi after!)  We kind of shoved things on her upper shelf until we could get more things organized.  It turned out pretty dang good we thought.  


Alexis wrote a biography about Ashley and taped it on her door!  Ashley was such a good sport about it!  Lexi also left her Minnie Mouse stuffed animal for Ash and told her to keep it on her bed! (look in the picture above!)

Here is Ashley's view from her window!  She is right across from the stadium.  It will be so nice to be so close to the campus.  How exciting!  Jeff told her that she will be at the games even if she doesn't want to be!

4 comments:

Piper said...

Wow! Sorry things were a bit rough, I'm sure everything will be great! How was it for her yesterday? I hope she got classes figured out. I was about Lexi's age when my sister left for college. I remember being sad, but also so proud of her. Love you all! And miss you too!

Nicole said...

She got all of her classes figured out now and is feeling a lot better! Lexi is doing a little better, she emails her at least twice a day! We love you so much Piper! Hope you are feeling well.

Kim said...

It is still so weird for me to know she's old enough to be at college. I hope she has such a great experience. And I hope you guys are okay without her. That would be hard! Keep us posted.

Amy said...

Wow a college girl, that is a big step in life. She is one of our favorite, hope you are all surviving without her. We miss you guys. Let's get together soon. Tell Ashley that we're proud of her and hope she loves it up there.
Amy