I was asked last week to give a talk in church today. When I said that I would do it, I was in shock. Jeff fell off the couch to the ground and when Lexi asked him what he was doing, he told Lexi that they day I agreed to speak in church would be the day he died! I got off the phone with Brother Griffiths and started to cry. I have NEVER spoken in church so this was a frightening experience for me. I felt very overwhelmed by the whole idea of it. I got busy listening and re-listening to conference talks!
I feel like it ended up going pretty well. When I got up to speak, I could not see clearly and I immediately started to cry; I was SO nervous. I spoke on the talk by President Eyring titled "Mountains to Climb." I had several people stop me afterward and tell me what a great job I did and how strong the spirit was. I even got a few thank-you cards. This has made me feel so good about my decision to say yes.
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment