Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Call from Ashley

Today we got a call from Sister Wise!! It was absolutely wonderful. I realize you are reading this and thinking, it is just a phone call. However, it is the first phone call since she left a couple of months ago and I just needed to hear her voice and have her reassure me that she is REALLY okay. Jeff and I asked her straight up if she was really doing okay and she said she is. This was good for me to hear or I would have been in the car on my way to Farmington, New Mexico picking up our daughter and bringing her right home!! We had her on speaker phone so we could all hear her stories. She said the members are treating her and her companion, Sister Kauer very well. They get fed nearly every night. They are teaching a few people whom they hope will decide to be baptized. I am missing her like mad, but it really is nice to know that she is happy and doing the Lord's work. We all got teary talking to her and a couple of us (Lexi and myself) right out weeped. I am SO proud of her and proud to say she is my daughter. We all love you so much Ashley (Sister Wise!) and can't wait for you to come back to us!

Here are a few pictures of Ashley and Sister Kauer in Farmington with some of the girls they have been teaching and one of their p-day! Ashley was so tired she had to have help lifting her bike! She is a funny chick!





No comments: