
This morning my phone went off very loudly at 6:00. I jumped out of bed and answered it, wondering to myself who would be calling so early in the morning! I answered and on the other end I heard, "HI Mom!" It was Ashley, a.k.a. Sister Wise! I about came out of my skin with excitement! I hollered at Jeff and told him it was Ash. He jumped out of bed as quickly as I had. We got to talk to her for just a few minutes each. A couple at the MTC let her borrow their cell phone so she would not have to call from the pay phone. She said she had been up since 3:00 am to pack and get ready to check out of the MTC. Her flight left Salt Lake City at 7:00, with a layover in Phoenix, Arizona (where we got a second call from her!!) and then on to Durango, Colorado. They then drove to Farmington, New Mexico. I am sure it was an extremely long day for her; only to get through it on adrenaline alone!
She sounds absolutely amazing. Her spirit pours over into her voice and you can actually feel it through the phone. It brings tears to my eyes to think about it. She is going to make an extraordinary missionary! I can't wait to hear all the new stories and experiences. We are so blessed to have her in our lives!
1 comment:
so awesome Nicole.
Post a Comment