Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mission Call

ASHLEY GOT HER MISSION CALL!!! We are SO excited for her! She is going to.........................Farmington, New Mexico! What? you say! Yes, Farmington, New Mexico. She will be about six hours from home. Phew. I say, "Thank goodness!" I told her it is close enough for us to have a road trip!! I am just kidding her and she was pretty relieved! Ashley has wanted to go on a mission for her whole life. She will make an excellent Missionary. We are so excited for her to begin a new chapter in her life and share the Gospel with so many new people. I am sure she will have many great experiences! We are so excited for her.
(I have a video of Ash opening her call, but I can't get it to download. UGH! I will add it when I can!)

Ashley when she got her mission call in the mail on January 12, 2011!!
(Yes, she waited to open it on her Birthday!! What willpower!)
We went to the fire station to open the mission call and celebrate the birthday!
She had a lot of friends and family over for the opening of the mission call. My parent and some Aunts and Uncles were in Hawaii, so we had them on the phone for the announcement.

Elaine and Ashley
Ashley and her dad!
(man they look alike!)
Ashley and her brothers!
Ashley and her little sister, Lexi!
These two are so close and it is going to be very hard on both of them when Ash leaves.
Jill and Sid!
(Natalie was there too - we did not get a picture of her. Sorry!)
Kassidi and Ashley!
(Kassidi is like a member of our family!)
The whole family!

Everybody was putting places they thought Ashley would be going on her mission!

1 comment:

Piper said...

I think this will be a great experience for Ashley! She will be wonderful!