Jeff and I signed up for the ULCER (Utah Lake Century Epic Ride) 2010 this year back in the spring. At that point, my longest ride had been about 60 miles and Jeff's about 90 miles. So we (meaning me and some friends!) started training and trying to get in at least 100 miles per week. Some weeks we did pretty well and others, not so well! The date for the ULCER was August 7 and it was approaching faster than I cared to think about. Well the week of the race I decided I was not going to stress any more about it and if I could complete the 111 miles, that would be great, but if not, I would just try again next year. I kept saying the mileage to myself so it would sink in my thick skull! I had to mentally prepare too. It ended up being a lot of fun! I was certainly glad that I had Jeff by my side along with some great friends. Jeff was definitely a trooper to stay with us considering we all knew he could have blown us all out of the water! We finished the race just under 6.5 hours and just under 7.5 overall (with the stops!) I felt really good about this time and can't wait for next year to see if I can do better!
Jeff and myself at 6:15 in the morning waiting to start!
Kate and Adrienne - waiting to start!
This was about half way at a stop in Elberta.
Jeff at the stop in Elberta!
This was at the finish line - Yahoo!
Kate, Nicole, Kristen, Adrienne, Jeff and Jeremy!
Thanks everybody - it was a blast!!



3 comments:
Holy cow! You guys are awesome! Way to go!
Go Nicole! I am super impressed... This is something I would love to do but if I didn't have a buddy (or a husband) to do it with, it would never happen. Way to go!
You guys are awesome! We were hoping you would come down our street, but we just missed it. so close! You are my hero Nicole!
Post a Comment