Tuesday, January 26, 2010

California and Cruise

For our Christmas this year, we got cruise tickets to the Mexican Riviera!  It was really hard on Christmas morning to not open a bunch of gifts with all the family, but I must say it was all worth it in the end.  I love that all the kids are old enough to be able to do things like this.  Lexi had a VERY hard time on Christmas morning, but now she says she would do it again!  We went down a few days early and spent some time with Great-Grandma Wise.  It is always so much fun to see her and spend time with her.  When we got in to California we enjoyed 70-75 degree weather.  It started to rain a little the day we got on the ship, so we missed the torrential rains that California received.  
On our cruise we got to see so many fun things and it was so much fun to spend time with our girls.  We were sad that the boys were not with us, but I am sure we will do it again another time.  Our ports we visited were Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo.   It was whale season so we got to see a lot of whales! We also saw dolphins and sea lions.  We saw some really cool Cathedrals, old country side of Mexico, and many other things.  We snorkeled at a couple of the stops and Lexi was an absolute pro.  She was diving clear down in the ocean  - just like her dad!  I was worried about her liking it before we left, but she picked up on it and was an absolutely amazing!  What a fabulous trip we had!  I have about 500 more pictures but I guess I won't post them all!  These were just a few of the ones I picked out.  Keep in mind that the video (at the very bottom) is kind of shaky, but we were on the boat to go snorkel and we were seeing so many whales!  Bear with me and just watch it because it is pretty cool to see the whales!!

Our traditional tree pictures!



This was taken in Mazatlan - very beautiful!

We are on the boat to go snorkeling.  We saw a lot of whales this day - they were amazing!

This was in the dining room taken with our waiters - Cornelia and Luhur!
They were so much fun and we hope to keep in touch. 

1 comment:

Julie Broadbent said...

I'm so jealous! A cruise and Whales, Awesome!

Next year we will be there for sure.