Monday, February 4, 2008

Betsy Ross

Lexi's class and the other 5th Grade classes did a Wax Museum! It was So cool! The kids had to pick a person who has died and do research on them. The kids then have to get all the costumes and props needed for their person. Lexi chose Betsy Ross and she had such a great time researching her. It was such a fantastic idea! At first, Jeff and I thought it was such a joke, but what a fascinating thing it turned out to be! You would walk around to the different people of history and push their button on their name tags and they would come to life and tell you all bout who they were and what they accomplished in their life! All the kids did such a fantastic job at creating their characters! Lexi invited Grandma and Grandpa Spencer and Grandma and Grandpa Wise - I believe they all had a great time! Our family sure loved it Lexi!




"Betsy" by her flag with her name tag and the "button" you push to find out about her!


Here is Betsy Ross and Anne Frank!


Here is Betsy Ross posed like a wax figure waiting for her button to be pushed!

3 comments:

Piper said...

Wow Lexi! What a good idea! I love interactive learning. Glad you all had a great time!

Kim said...

I love that kind of stuff! She looks so cute in her costume. I got to see Betsy Ross' house when I was in Philadelphia. Oh,it makes me as to teach again!

Amy said...

Lexi, I am impressed with your wax statue performance. You look awesome!